OUR HISTORY

The first known Jewish resident is from 1766.

The first Synagogue, in Posterngate, dates from 1780. 
A second Synagogue was formed in 1809. 
These two Synagogues combined in 1826 to form the Robinson Row Synagogue.
In 1887 what became known as the Central Synagogue broke from Robinson Row.
The Central Synagogue disbanded in 1976.
Robinson Row Synagogue split into the Western Synagogue in 1902 and the Old Hebrew Synagogue in 1903.
These two Synagogues merged in 1994 to form the Hull Hebrew Congregation in Pryme Street.

For more information about hull Jewish community take a look at at:

© 2019-2020  Hull Hebrew Congregation. All Rights Reserved.